Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Beijing, People’s Republic of China (December 26, 2020)
Location: People’s Republic of China
Event: At least 7 persons have tested positive for COVID-19 in the Chaoyang area in the past few days. As a result, mass testing is being conducted in Wangjing, Donghu, Tianzhu free trade zone, and airport subdistricts, as well as at the River Garden and Kempinski Residence Communities. The U.S. Embassy strongly recommends all U.S. citizens to comply with local health authorities. In the event of an emergency, please contact the U.S. Embassy or nearest Consulate.
The government of PRC continues to implement enhanced screening, quarantine, and preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. U.S. citizens in areas designated as medium-risk and high-risk for COVID-19 may be subject to intensive prevention and control measures, which could include mass testing, closures, transportation disruptions, lockdowns, or other measures.
The U.S. Embassy continues to monitor the rapidly changing conditions due to COVID-19 in China and in other locations worldwide. The most current information regarding the impact of COVID-19 may be found at our COVID Information Page.
Actions to Take:
- For the latest requirements on entering China, please refer to the Chinese Embassy’s page at this link.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in China.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.